Monday, February 15, 2010

back home

I had a very good and worthwhile school nursing conference in Hollywood and am back and home now and so happy to be with my little family again! Luckily today was a holiday so I could do laundry, get settled in, and have a (belated) Valentine's day with my peeps. I stole away to the studio this afternoon to wrap the books I had bought for everyone. Actually, almost everyone got books. For Ken I made some granola because he has so little time to read during the school year.
Everyone got a plain brown package with a compliment written on it. I started the compliment tradition last year. It's fun for me to write them!

In the evening we had our annual trail of hearts. They follow the trail to get their presents.
I found a present too!
And, just keeping it real here, Ken had thoughtfully bought us some Valentine cookies because I didn't have time to bake and I just haven't been baking much lately, ya know? I hope you all had a wonderful day of love and family.

8 comments:

dust in the wind said...

How sweet! I love your gift wrapping and your heart-felt traditions. I just started following your blog and look forward to reading more :)

dustin, @ www.onlydustinthewind.blogspot.com

Elfin Goddess said...

I love the packaging!!!! And I love to write commpliments too...makes the gift so much more special I think! ;) We had a quiet V Day...but it was special all the same! Didn't get around to baking either. Cheers, Avril

Unknown said...

LOve the books with compliments!

Aimee said...

Such heartfelt (no pun intended! :) packaging...love it. The compliment idea is brilliant!

Heather said...

Oh wow, what a very sweet way that you celebrated. I am sure that your family felt really special

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth that all sounds so sweet. I love those simple traditions. I need to start writing some of these down. This year my boys are three so I have been kind of lax with traditions (and I have been exhausted). I think I need to start stepping it up a bit.

Anonymous said...

this is very sweet.

Widge said...

I love this!! what a wonderful idea. so gorgeous