Monday, October 28, 2013

pumpkin patch fun!

with a bumpy pumpkin choosing a pumpkin at the pumpkin patch faulkner farms fruit stand kettle corn--yum! house at faulkner farms me at the pumpkin patch hay maze food stand at pumpkin patch

boys with candy apples caramel apples!

Thanks so much for all your kind birthday wishes for Rainer.  It's hard to believe my baby is seven!

On Sunday we had a fun trip to the pumpkin patch.  We've been going to Faulkner Farms for several years now.  (An early trip documented here).  This day was beautiful, with a cool breeze blowing through.  We could not have asked for a nicer day.  The boys loved running through the hay maze over and over, especially Rainer.  We mostly sat and watched the boys play, which was awesome.  I love seeing them develop into little independent people.  They're so "free-range" these days.  I love it. 

We also took a hay ride and got kettle corn and delicious caramel apples.  I hadn't had a caramel apple for years--probably decades.  The flavor of tart juicy apple with caramel and tons of peanuts was amazing.  I'm basically still obsessing over it, a day later.  What is your favorite fall treat?

6 comments:

catie said...

those apples look amazing!
my fall treat is a well-timed pumpkin spice latte. enjoyed one tonight {in my own thrifted ceramic cup} while running errands in the rain.
bliss.

Sarah said...

Right now I am loving WOW GF pumpkin cookies, they are my treat to myself after driving all over town finding random GF ingredients for the weeks meals :)
I love the annual trip to the pumpkin patch, I so need to upload my families pics and share. The fall colors make everything so lovely.

Madame Melville said...

Love all the photos and beautiful fall colors! Apple crisp is always a favorite fall treat around here.

Andrea said...

I love that there's a taco stand at your pumpkin patch! Ahhh, California. We were at a little party this weekend and they had mini caramel apples--little chunks of apple (scooped out with a melon-baller perhaps?) on popsicle sticks dipped in caramel. It was great to just get a little taste of caramel apple goodness, without the work of having to eat a whole one.

Mary Beth said...

Thanks for playing along, everyone. I love all your choices.

Andrea, I had to laugh at your comment about the "work" of eating a whole caramel apple. Love that. I got one for myself as well, and it was surprisingly hard to get the first few bites in (but very satisfying)!

Unknown said...

OOOOH! I was at the Faulkner Farms Pumpkin Patch about a week ago! I love it so much. I think it's just the cutest pumpkin patch around. Funnel cakes and the petting zoo are a must :)