Sunday, January 13, 2013

a few scenes from the weekend

IMG_9343 IMG_9344 IMG_9353 IMG_9354 IMG_9368

I've been super uninspired with my photography lately, thus the less frequent posting. Ever since I finished my 366 project (my complete set is here) I haven't pushed myself to take any pictures at all.

I think it was actually good for me to force myself to take a picture a day, even though lots of them were bad. In a way they do tell a story, at least to me, and some of them are pleasing (again, at least to me).

So, all that to explain that even though we had a nice weekend, I don't have much to show you!

Ken's birthday is coming up this week, and instead of getting him a "thing" for his present, I wanted to take him for a surprise overnight trip. My parents graciously agreed to watch the boys (thanks mom and dad!) and I whisked Ken off to a historic Ventura hotel for the night and out to dinner and coffee downtown. It was really fun and he kept telling me, "this is the best birthday ever!" I'm so pleased! Even though we were only away for 19 hours, it was truly refreshing to have a good stretch of time alone together as a couple.

How was your weekend?  I'm back to work for week 2 of the new year.  I'm super happy that we are looking at a 3 day weekend coming up.  Hooray for this time of year and all its little breaks!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

sounds like a wonderful birthday gift! and you rock skinny jeans! Have a great 2nd work week and we too are looking forward to the upcoming long weekend with our first ski trip as a fam, I know it will be fun, but man there is a lot of planning that goes along with taking a family skiing (not to mention medical stuff to pack!!!) Some day TJ and I will jet off alone, with just one skimpy bag filled with bathing suits and books for a weekend somewhere warm - sound great doesn't it?!