Friday, December 14, 2012

coloring with the boys coloring book

I am so sad about the horrific tragedy that took place in Connecticut this morning. My heart goes out to the parents who sent their children to school this morning like any other day, expecting them to be safe and happy. I cannot imagine what they are going through right now. I am so incredibly blessed to come home to my sweet family tonight and hug my little boys who are so full of life and energy. It wakes me up in a big way to what is really important here and now. And it makes me realize once again that there are no guarantees in this life and we should treasure this time we have together.

*Photos above--a page of a Charlie and Lola coloring book the boys and I worked on together last weekend. I cut out the cookie ornaments from a magazine and Rainer pasted them down.  Dieter did the artwork on the house.

*Sweet morning memory--Thursday morning I got up at my usual time, 5-ish a.m., and the boys were awake and talking. They called me in. They were snuggled together in Dieter's bed, peering out the window. "We're watching the meteor shower." No one had reminded them or gotten them up. It was just spontaneous. I snuggled in at the foot of the bed and watched along with them for a few minutes. So cozy and heartfelt.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I must be having one of my very sensitive mother moments because the little side note at the bottom about the boys snuggling down together to watch a meteor shower made me cry tears of joy, I love those moments...glad you were able to join them. ((HUGS)) Hope you're having a great weekend and excited for the upcoming break.