Friday, July 6, 2012

date day

beautiful Burbank
{beautiful Burbank}
browsing Ikea
{my future countertops, I hope!}

Ikea date! friday 7/6 friday 7/6 herb crusted salmon oreo cheesecake

 Ken and I were able to get away for a little date day this morning. We needed to pick up a couple bookcases at Ikea and my parents graciously watched the little boys. It was really fun to be free and loose on a weekday and drive down the road engaging in adult conversations with no interruptions from little ones.

We love the Covina Ikea for its size and beauty, but for a quick trip we go to Burbank. It's compact and some of the displays are different (I'm obsessed with the "Our 400 Square Foot Home" setups).

After Ikea we stopped in Thousand Oaks for lunch at Cheesecake Factory.  I had the "lunch portion" of herb crusted salmon but it was huge (I brought home half) and do you see how I got my cheesecake in a to-go container?  The best way!  Then you can eat some at the table and save the rest for home--double the pleasure. 

I always go for the Oreo cheesecake.  What's your favorite??

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I already said I was jealous of your date day on flickr, but now that I see that lunch...super jealous! :) I have only been to the CheeseCake Factory once, but I love getting pumpkin cheesecake at Olive Garden in the Fall.

Mary Beth said...

Jennifer--I'm sure I would love pumpkin cheesecake if I ever tried it. But when fall comes I get obsessed with pumpkin pie and never get around to trying it as a cheesecake. :)