Tuesday, May 8, 2012

do you wear perfume?

do you wear perfume?
Do you wear perfume? I didn't, for about 10 years. I remember breaking a bottle of Clinique Happy years ago, and somehow I never replaced it then fell completely out of the habit. But recently Faith and I were both so happy to discover that they make perfume in these little roller/applicators now.

The amounts are much smaller than a regular bottle, and so are the prices. This suits me perfectly. You can have more than one scent. Or you can try out a few and see what you like. And the rollers allow you have so much control over how much you apply. I hate the feeling of emitting a whole cloud of scent-- I never want to overpower anyone or cause someone's asthma attack! With these little rollers you can easily apply just a dab, or if you want the scent to last all day, roll back and forth several times. Faith bought Taylor Swift's fragrance (she loves it! It's sweet and young). I got Hanae Mori and a combo of Be Delicious and Golden Delicious. So far my favorite is the Golden Delicious, but they are all quite lovely. And pretty soon I'm going to replace that Clinique Happy--but with a roller this time. roll-on perfumes

13 comments:

catie said...

i almost can't tolerate regular perfume anymore. i use auric blends "egyptian goddess" and "love" scents.
i did a post about egyptian goddess here. it's SOOOO inexpensive & i love it lots.

i will say, though, that my daughter has a small roller-ball of justin beiber perfume that i think smells pretty great. and i love that i didn't have to buy the big bottle!

Anonymous said...

i like to keep a bottle of chanel #5 on hand because about 15 years ago i read somewhere that every woman should own some chanel. i really make it last though-years and years and years.

other than that, I like the rollers as well.

Amy Karol sells some Lovely Floral Perfume in her etsy shop. It's not pricey at all and smells fantastic.

Mary Beth said...

Thank for the tips, ladies. I'm especially happy to be reminded of Amy Karol's line.

catie said...

well, even though i use my hippie perfume, i can't seem to let go of my chanel chance. i never wear it anymore, but it smells like a fancy fun christmas party to me. so, in keeping with what tammie said, THIS woman owns some chanel, too ♥

catie said...

i just found the amy karol perfume on etsy ~ thanks for the tip!
a quick link is right here : )

Millertime Productions said...

I'm also a fan of the perfume roller applicator. I wear Kiehl's Musk.

Rain said...

I'm one of those people who get headaches from perfume. But I like to smell nice. : ) My daughter has to apply her perfume outside before she goes somewhere. But I can do essential oils, so thanks for the Amy Karol link.

Sarita said...

I put some perfume on my 5yr old grandson.he said he smelled like grandm (me)! So I guess I'll be wearing that scent forever!

Rachel said...

I am wearing some today! I almost never wear it at work because a coworker has a serious dislike of anything with "white flowers" which rules out most of my favorites (gardenias, jasmine, orange blossom!). Even when I wear the tiniest amount (I'm really sensitive to scent too) she can smell it.

Today I'm wearing just a tiny bit of Jo Malone's vanilla and anise, which I got as a sample and thought I would hate. I'm still undecided, but it's fun to have something on.

Anonymous said...

Hi Mary Beth! Can I ask you a blogger question? I just recently switched over to blogger's new system and am having trouble with my photos being smaller than they used to be. Have you run into this? Your photos seem larger than mine...I'm so frustrated!

Kristen

Amy said...

Body Time makes beautiful perfume oils. I loved Civet Musk but they discontinued it. Body Shop oils are lovely too. I have had peach and strawberry. Nice scents for summer. Faith might like Prada's candy. A young fun perfume but just a little pricey.

Laura said...

I used to wear perfume every day, but a couple of years ago I ran out of my favorite & just never replaced it. I do use essential oils mixed in with my lotion, so I consider that my scent.
I like the idea of the rollers though, for the same reasons as you. Where do you find them?

catie said...

i'm back to report that i bought the amy karol perfume... AND I LOVE IT!!!
give it a try... it is "perfume" but also true aromatherapy. the scent unfolds slowly, and i love each note.

also, amy karol is the blogger behind angry chicken ~ i didn't realize that until after i received my perfume. i learned about angry chicken right here on salt & chocolate a long time ago ♥