Monday, January 23, 2012

a new pouch :: and jury duty

at jury duty:  using my little pen pouch
{view of my lap at jury duty}

new zip pouch
{new zippered pouch}

I was so happy to get a chance to cut into this beautiful Lotta Jansdotter fabric over the weekend. My goal was small--to make a new zippered pouch for myself. I use these little pouches to carry pens and lip balm, mints, and so forth. It makes me happy to look into my purse and see such cheery fabric staring back at me.

I've made this pattern several times before and love it for its cute design, the way the the zipper is positioned along the front instead of the top, and its juxtaposition of 3 fabrics. Tutorial found here. (I fiddled around with the measurements a bit, fyi).

So, jury duty. To be honest, it was just what I needed right now. I never did get called into a courtroom. I used the time to bliss out with my iPad, read blogs, finish Catching Fire (book 2 of the Hunger Games series, which I am loving), and best of all to make notes and lists and figure stuff out and plan stuff.

In particular, I had a chance to read Heather's post about home routines and to think about how I'd like to adapt her system to my own needs. I feel myself "coming back" a little, feeling a bit more optimistic about getting it all done somehow, and excited about going forward into 2012 and into spring. I guess I really needed a day to sit in one place and think a lot!

zip pouch:  back
{the back of the pouch}

zip pouch:  front
{pouch front}

9 comments:

Rain said...

Love your new pouch. The fabric is divine. Thanks for the links.
Glad you had a day to sit and think. They are so important!
Blessings.

tracey (aka rainbowmummy) said...

I'm glad you got time to think.

x

Jacqueline said...

Such a cute bag, I LOVE the Lotta fabric! Speaking of Heather, are you participating in the new workshop? I just signed up, I was struggling with making the commitment as we have quite a bit of travel ahead of us for regattas.

Sea Star said...

Cute pouch, I have never been called for jury duty before, touch wood.
Mel
xx

Lisa Renata said...

cute pouch, I also love that fabric! I need an updated pouch myself. I'll look into that tutorial/pattern. thanks.

Kika@embracingimperfection said...

Way to make the best of your time of jury duty! I appreciated Heather's post re: her weekly schedule too. Love seeing how others figure out their days.

Mary Beth said...

Jacqueline--yes! I was fortunate to be able to sign up with a friend and we split the cost. I'm going into this one with the attitude of learning a lot about good whole foods and nutrition and seeing which changes we can reasonably make that work for our family. I don't have any expectations beyond that. I'm super excited. See you there!

Karen said...

hey mb! i just started mockingjay. i can't wait for the first movie. it looks amazing!

Karen said...

oh hey - i'm also doing the workshop!