Tuesday, September 27, 2011

the autumn equinox

autumn equinox tea
{equinox tea}

autumn equinox tea

autumn equinox tea
{favorite cucumber sandwiches}

We celebrated the autumn equinox on Sunday with a little tea. The boys and I baked in the morning we sat down to our tea about 2 o'clock. It was sad without any of the teens there! We carried on without them, though. I texted Faith and she said she was sad to miss the cucumber sandwiches. We had an uncharacteristically fallish day, with the sun not peeking out and the temps staying cool all day. So cozy and fallish!

The carrot cookies were delicious, but the boys didn't like theirs. I think the taste of the fresh grated ginger was too strong for them. Next time I'll just use ground ginger.

1 comment:

Madame Melville said...

I love the idea of a "tea" celebration. Nice and simple, yet very special. What a great tradition!