Wednesday, December 30, 2009

honey almonds for giving

This is a successful and easy food gift for Christmas giving--healthy too! I've made these honey almonds for my parents two Christmases in a row now and they really like them. This year, they were part of their fabric bucket. Next year I might make them for everybody.
And to fancy everything up, I used a lot of the printable labels from the Black Apple this year. I love them so much! Find them here. This was my first time using full-sheet sticker paper and we had so much fun with it. The recipe for the honey almonds is here.

8 comments:

Rain said...

These look yummy. And they are so cute in the jar.
Happy New Year!

Jennifer said...

What a great gift, they look so yummy. Really cute labels.

theprairiegirl.com

Anonymous said...

I made these today to give as gifts this weekend (our second round of Christmas celebrations). These are seriously so super good - thanks for posting a link!!

Lisa Renata said...

I love honey almonds. Such a great idea to make as gifts, but since one of my little ones is allergic to peanuts we are avoiding all NUTS around here, until he gets re-tested. Hopefully he will be clear on other nuts. Now wouldn't that be great?!!

Have a great New Year!

Jen said...

I am new to your blog, but I am really loving all that I have read so far! I really like the fabric buckets christmas idea and I definitely want to do that. Can you lead me to a pattern for the buckets? I checked mayamade on etsy without success.

Holly C. said...

Love the labels and the almonds look scrumptious!☺

Mary Beth said...

Jen--I found the link! Try here: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=37638692&ref=em

Unknown said...

These sound great! But there is nothing like plain old roasted almonds