Monday, October 13, 2008

Feeling Octobery

It's starting to feel a little bit like fall here. Hooray! Getting us in the Octobery mood right now. . . bringing out the Halloween box, including this "vintage" bib that a friend made for Jacob when he was a baby. It's been worn by each of my babies ever since (she made an awesome turkey, too).
Harvesting our home grown pumpkins--our first ever and we're feeling quite delighted by them.
Making leaf banners using paint and toothbrushes and leaves from the yard
Letting Dieter break out his new Halloween costume and play in it. I didn't make one this year (I bought it) and I am so relieved. And he loves it--he still totally obsessed with dinosaurs.
Arranging the Halloween mantle, using what I had on hand

Random nature table shot, with a thrifted plate my mom found for me.

Oh, and behind the scenes there is pumpkin pie eating. Seeing Dieter enjoy his pumpkin pie thoroughly, digging out the filling forkful by forkful, and asking me for help to eat the crust, is warming my heart completely right now. Good stuff.

11 comments:

Carrie said...

Very fall! I love your pumpkins. We always see the harvesting though. There should be some planting pictures. Hugs to you all!

Our Green Nest said...

That leaf banner is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

love the leaf banner - is there anything you can't do with leaves, really? ;)

ames said...

*Love* the bib and the leaf banners, so cheerful!

Julie said...

How sweet he asks you for help eating the crust... my children leave the crust for me too!

Anita Ann said...

I love fall! I have some pumpkin decorations out and about as well.

Amy said...

I have loved fall leaves for as long as I can remember. My Grandmother used to press them in wax paper and mail them to me in California. Michigan leaves were much more special I guess :)
Can I ask you if you used fabric or paper for the leave silhouettes?
Lovely idea. Thank you for sharing your days with us. I look forward to reading and learning more each day.

Mary Beth said...

Hi Amy. I used muslin squares for the leaf banners. I hope that helps.
Thanks for your nice comments.

Celia said...

Love that bib! Is soooo cute!

Simply Sarah *K* said...

Fall arrived here today! FINALLY! I just hope she stays. Oh how I love her so.

Heather said...

love the leafg banners! thibkinfg of your son and family.