Monday, August 18, 2008

The No-Bake Treat Kick Continues

Wow, you guys really like to talk knitting! Thanks so much for all your help and encouragement. I will press on. I've started a delightful little dish cloth with variegated cotton yarn and I'm feeling much better about the whole thing. Thank you!

I'm on a no-bake treat kick. And no no-bake kick would be complete without these fabulous Rice Krispies treats. I'm not a big fan of the marshmallow Rice Krispies treats (although I wouldn't necessarily turn one down, either), but these I adore. I only make them once every several years. I guess this is an "on" year.

Crunchy Fudge Sandwiches

6 oz. butterscotch morsels
1/2 c. peanut butter
4 c. Rice Krispies
6 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels
1/2 c. sifted powdered sugar
2 T. butter
1 T. water

Melt the butterscotch chips and the peanut butter together over low heat. Stir in the Rice Krispies and press the whole mixture into a 9" square pan.

Melt the chocolate chips with the butter over low heat, along with the powdered sugar and the tablespoon of water. Spread over cereal layer and chill.

These are kind of hard to cut, but very good, nonetheless. Enjoy!

7 comments:

Blogger said...

That sounds really, really good! I will have to try that one!

Bella :)

ames said...

Ooh, yum! I've only ever tried the marshmallow ones, these sound great! All my favorite flavors rolled into one treat :)

I hope the knitting is going well, it can be very frustrating at the beginning there but once it all clicks I know you'll love it :)

Kristin said...

I am definitely going to make these. This is the kind of thing I am always looking to make, they are gluten free(my husband can't have gluten). They look yummy!

Paula said...

I just saw your post about learning to knit. There are really only two stitches you need to learn, knit and purl - everything else is some combination of those. And then you need to know how to cast on and off. It does help having another human to sit through it with you for an afternoon and I think the yarn store is a great idea. I don't know if you have John Lewis or an equivalent in the US but in the UK those stores have people in twice a week just to help knitters and they do it free of charge. The other advice I'd give is to knit with wool you love the look and feel of. Cheap wool will put you off. Natural wool or cotton, definitely no man-made fibres. Keep at it. Oh, another thing that helped me was choosing to knit something I really wanted to knit. Knitting squares is probably something you're not bothered about, but a little cardigan or jumper or scarf for someone you love works wonders. Good luck! Polly x x x

Leslie said...

yum, i just made your PB balls tonight and i think that these might have to be next.

Paul said...

Crunchy fudge! Sounds absolutely delicious. Have printed off the recipe. Thank you! Chocolate Travels

amanda said...

yum yum yum! My husband loves these whenever we go to a bake sale, but I've never seen the recipe before until today. I'm going to surprise him with a batch this weekend.