Tuesday, June 17, 2008

First Steps--V. 2.0

Rainer started taking some "first" little steps yesterday out by the lavendar bush. Hooray! He's certainly not walking for real yet, but this is an exciting milestone for him. He likes to pull on the lavender flowers, and just found himself to be freestanding, and lo and behold, he took a few little sidesteps while he was standing there. Later in the day, he took one or two more. We're delighted with his progress. Originally, when he got leukemia and stopped walking we thought, "when he gets his strength back, he'll start walking again." But it hasn't been like that at all--it's like he forgot he ever walked and has to relearn like a younger baby learning to walk for the first time. But he's doing it! Go Rainer go!

24 comments:

amy turn sharp said...

yay for lil sweetie!!!!

Jessica said...

Yipee! That is wonderful news. Your lavendar must smell great, as well!
This week is my last full week at work, I have a couple days next week I need to come in and finish up paperwork, though. Soon I'll be on summer vacation, too!

Sharon said...

Yay, Ranier!
Huge congrats - that's awesome news!

driftwood said...

fantastic news, you must be thrilled!

K said...

Yay! That is great news! Go, Rainer, Go!

Amy said...

Hooray! Go Rainer! When my daughter broke her leg at 18months it took her a while to start walking again and that was only after 3 wks in a cast....I am sure the longer without walking the harder it is for them to get back to it. Yay for Rainer!

Julie said...

Yay... go Rainer!

ames said...

wooHOO! So good to hear.

crunchy peas said...

that's great news, a collective cheer with little claps from all of us!

melissa s. said...

Great news!! You go little guy!!!

Denise said...

What big news! I'm so happy for you all.

Anonymous said...

yay! how wonderful!

Christina.B said...

Great news! Yay for Rainer!

Leslie Gidden said...

Fantastic!!! Woo Hoo Go Ranier! I am so happy for you all! Awesome news! That brought tears to my eyes.....I think I am a little hormonal today! Take care and enjoy!

Warmly,
Leslie

Mozi Esme said...

That's so awesome!

Kelli said...

YEAH. I guess its the pretty things in life that make him happy, the flowers. He is going to grow up to appreciate them and have a strong love for them.

periwinkle said...

Wow, that is so excellent , you all must be so happy. Keep going little man
Lisa x

dottycookie said...

Excellent news - yay Rainer!

Unknown said...

Go Rainer!

I'm so happy about his progress.

Rachael said...

What wonderful news, truly wonderful!

Heids said...

Oh definitely go Rainer go! How exciting - hugs and prayers for the little man.

Elfin Goddess said...

Thats great lil Rainer!!!! Glad to hear the news!!! Cheerio!

Barbara said...

Fantastic news for Rainer and I love to hear how he was pulling on the lavender flowers - so sweet and clever! x

Anonymous said...

hallelujah! take a bow Ranier! woo hoo!
wow, I am so glad.
this is a great sign!
Nicole