Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentines Day!

Well, I did not get everything done that I wanted to get done in time for today. I feel really bad that I have nothing for the daycare ladies. I wanted to make some baked goods and some little Valentines, but it just didn't happen. Grr! I've written before about how our life is so full of busyness that if one thing goes off, everything falls apart. That is what happened last night. Ken called me on my drive home, asking to be picked up at a place where he was dropping the truck to have it worked on . . . the pickup should have gone smoothly. Suffice it to say that it didn't and the whole evening got messed up. Finally we got home with both small children and he had to rush off to school for a meeting. To top it all off, there was no milk in the house! I had to go out again (which I hate) because milk is essential around here.
So not only did I not get the baking done, but the whole evening sort of unraveled. I did help Dieter finish these Valentines for his daycare friends, and that's all I have ready for today. Oh well!!! I try.

So now I want to take a deep breath and remember the sweet origins of Valentine's day. I still want to throw together something this afternoon for the immediate family (because we already had the trail of hearts, but I really want to celebrate on the day, too).

In other news, Carrie is coming for a visit this weekend! Yea!! She's coming all the way from Kansas and we're picking her up from the airport Friday night. Can't wait. She is such a good friend to come visit me so relatively often when I can't reciprocate by coming to Kansas (although I would love to). By the way, Carrie has a great Valentine's Day tradition she created called Passion Woman. Carrie, I think you should write about that on your blog!

Happy Valentines Day, everyone!

3 comments:

Our Adventures As A Family of 4.... said...

Happy Valentines Day Mary Beth!

I made cookies and some fudge for my husband to take to the office but for some reason the fudge did not harden by the time it was time for him to leave for work, as he works early, so not sure what I did wrong. I hear you on the busyiness of an evening. I had more baking planned and it just didn't happen.

Who is Carrie and which blog is hers?

Hope you have a good visit.

And hope you all enjoy Valentines day tonight!

Molly

amanda said...

I was in the same boat as you! Big plans that sort of fell apart at the last minute. Our preschool Valentines were a most unbloggable disaster, and the five teachers had to share one card. Yours look very cute indeed! And you can surprise the daycare ladies with treats another day. I used to work in a child care center, and treats were ALWAYS welcome!

I'm enjoying catching up with your blog :)

Bernadette said...

Greetings from the austrian alps and have a nice day!
Thank you fpr the peppermint-hearts recipe!
yours Bernadette