Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!

I'm a bit late in posting these, but for New Year's Eve we went up to Meditation Mount to watch the sunset. Honestly, with the little boys along it was not very meditative or reflective, but the they did have a good time running around and Ken and I enjoyed the views and the sunset.
This was preceded by a full day of cleaning and taking down Christmas, which felt fantastic. It's such a great feeling to start the New Year without that major task hanging over. I admit I do miss having the tree and house lights on the last night of the year, but it's worth it, just to have the chore done (and we drove around looking at others' lights one last time after the sunset).
Later, it was pizza and DVDs with the kids and Ken and I watched Love Actually after they were it bed (we forgotten how good and how funny it is--very fun for the holidays). I have lots of thoughts about what I want 2008 to hold, but for now I'm just grateful to be here in this moment with my little family.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I agree that Love Actually is a delightful movie, and also that it's good to get the Christmas decorations down before the new year. That last picture is great!