Friday, December 21, 2007

The List

In the current issue of Real Simple magazine there is a fun editor's letter in which she talks about having high standards in general and sometimes being disappointed in stuff. She then goes on to say that she has developed "The List"--a list of "people and things that never disappoint." I thought it was pretty cute and decided to make my own list just for fun. My list would have to include . . .

:: citrus from our yard. They're not quite there yet (next month will be better) but our oranges are the best anywhere, and there is no food to make you feel quite so healthy when you are eating it--I can practically feel my skin tingling. And I'm a big proponent of eating the whole orange, not just sucking out the juice.

:: my friend Carrie. She's been there for me through everything, especially my divorce (years ago) and nursing school when I was a single mom; even though she is in Kansas and I'm in California she still flies out at least once a year and once for every baby. That is dedication! (Oh, and not to mention how supportive and enthusiastic she's been about my blog. Thanks Carrie!)

:: Clinique "different" lipstick in Think Bronze. I've been wearing it for years. It's the perfect color and has no taste. If only I could remember to reapply!

:: my J. Crew boots that I bought seven years ago. I still wear them several times a week in the winter and still feel like a million dollars in them. Mental note: buying quality is worth it. I'm still learning that one.

:: my mom. She's always been extremely supportive and all my friends have wanted her to be their mom too, she's one of those. Oh, and the babysitting! . . .

:: Olay Complete for sensitive skin. I keep coming back to this lotion because it has sunscreen and is so light and ungreasy and it has absolutely no scent.

:: the coffee I buy at Costco--"Newhall Coffee Roasting Company" in the "Newhall Blend," not the French roast. Yummy and consistent.

:: my Envirosax. I really didn't know how they would work out, but they have been the best bags! Strong and big and they easily fit over your shoulder.

:: True Lemon. Makes water drinking so much more enjoyable.

:: and my family, of course! Ken, Ben, Jacob, Faith, Dieter, Rainer

What is on your list?

Happy Solstice, everyone. I'm off work now, starting today (good timing!) We'll be having a little tea today and our big tea on Sunday (when all the children are here). It's the shortest day of the year--enjoy it. And just think, starting tomorrow, the days will be getting longer. Hooray!

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I am so flattered. Our friendship is one of my most precious possessions. I always feel that you get the short end of the stick because you are such an incredible nurturer. Your blog would be on my own list. And I love your boots, your mom and your family!! Merry Christmas to you and your readers!

Sarah and Jack said...

This is a great idea, and I will be making a list like that very soon.

I love True Lemon also!

Mama Said Sew said...

Hmmmm.....a short, very random list...
my family
my movado watch
Spray N Wash stain stick
a hot cup of PG Tips (British tea)
Nachos Bellegrande (I'm hungry!)

I'm glad to see the Newhall coffee on your list. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I sent a package of their Hawaiian Hazelnut to my SIL for Christmas. I hope she likes it.

Gift of Green said...

I'll be making my list and checking it twice too. Love you list - nice ideas to try for the new year.

UK lass in US said...

Hmmm.
My friends back home
My family
Cadbury's chocolate (NOT the Cadbury's made by Hersheys that is sold over here).

Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. Merry Christmas!