Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I'm Tired

Whirlwind weekend, as usual, that really has me thinking about my time management skills ("skills"?) and how I want to do this working mom thing.
But first, Rainer has new shoes! They were on sale here. He's adjusting pretty well to them, but since he's not walking yet, not officially, he also hasn't worn them much. Still, I think it's nice to have something to protect his feet outdoors.
Anyway, there are lots of interruptions, it's hard to get things done, I have all these plans for sewn Christmas gifts, I work full time, the house is a mess. Fortunately, I have a 3 day weekend coming up. I think I just need to clean up corners and little piles, put away laundry, and hang out more with Ken and the children.
And remember to do the basics: eat well, sleep more, exercise. That will be better.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

I feel your pain. Though my house is much easier to manage than it used to be. I also envy you that you have things that you want to do at the end of your long day. Work is sometimes so draining for me that the thought of doing ANYTHING is overwhelming. Because I'm off on Friday as well, I have a four day weekend. Kris, Gayle and I are going on a retreat. Though I can only go for part of it due to child obligations. I'm really looking forward to it, even if all I do is read. And I won't be cleaning or doing laundry all weekend. It will be an irritant the following week but I am so willing to pay the price. By the way - Nathan is 22 today!

Felicia said...

Stay positive! Sometimes it takes a while to figure out how to make it all work.

jessica said...

Sounds like a full plate to me! I wish you the best in figuring out the right balance - it can be tough.

Roxanne said...

Cute new shoes- and the skull and crossbones t-shirt is way cool! I've only been reading your blog for a little while but I'm in awe of how much you get done. My kids are much older and I don't have a job and I can't do as much. I think you just have to do the best you can housecleaning wise when you have little ones.

Kimberly said...

Be very gentle with yourself working Mama. You are doing a huge job.

Big hugs.

Sarah and Jack said...

He is such a beautiful baby.