Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Book Motherlode

Woo hoo! Books! I am a chronic tosser (because I hate clutter and I sometimes feel downright burdened by all my "stuff"), but occasionally someone will step in and save me from my own devices.
When I got married to Ken and moved up here, I held a huge garage sale and got rid of tons of books, but my mother wisely set aside a box of favorites for the future. Ken got them down from the attic this weekend and Dieter and I are loving it. I knew I wanted my Gerda Muller "seasons" books, but I wasn't sure what else was in there. I found great basics like a Beatrix Potter treasury, A Child's Garden of Verses, and a Mother Goose compendium illustrated by Gyo Fujikawa (one of my favorite children's book illustrators). And my old I Can Fly book, saved from my childhood (complete with crayon scribbles on all the pages because I was a very bad girl). Dieter and I are in for lots of cool fall evenings cuddling and reading on the couch. Ahh, fall. Ahh, motherhood.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I love your mother. She has good book sense.

Kimberly said...

ohh how fun!! I love good books especially with cocoa and a warm child.

Gift of Green said...

You're a gal after my own heart! ;)