- snacks--I eat pretty often and if I forget to bring a fresh snack from home (usually string cheese and 6 Triscuits) I need to have a back up. Or, if I am having a sweets emergency. Not to be unhealthy, though, I have peanut bars (for protein, healthy oils) and dark chocolate (for antioxidants). And I'm really excited about the freeze dried apple and pear slices I found at Costco. Sometimes I bring in trail mix or dried fruit packets.
- my little marble magnets for the hutch over my desk--it pleases me to look up and see pretty magnets (and I use them throughout the day to hold kids' emergency cards and off- campus passes while they are waiting for their parents to arrive).
- hair ties--in case I need to pull my hair back.
- a notebook, to jot down ideas, especially when I'm at lunch
- four color pen to help organize thoughts in the notebook
- True Lime--love these little packets of crystalized lime for my water.
- lip balm
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Little Work Treats
I'm headed to the dentist this morning for a cleaning (6 months goes by unbelievably fast when it comes to your teeth) then it's off to my office to get a little organized and see what's what over there. I like to keep a desk drawer with snacks and emergency supplies, so I'm gathering up all that this morning. Here's a list of what I like to have on hand: