Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Little Work Treats

I'm headed to the dentist this morning for a cleaning (6 months goes by unbelievably fast when it comes to your teeth) then it's off to my office to get a little organized and see what's what over there. I like to keep a desk drawer with snacks and emergency supplies, so I'm gathering up all that this morning. Here's a list of what I like to have on hand:
  • snacks--I eat pretty often and if I forget to bring a fresh snack from home (usually string cheese and 6 Triscuits) I need to have a back up. Or, if I am having a sweets emergency. Not to be unhealthy, though, I have peanut bars (for protein, healthy oils) and dark chocolate (for antioxidants). And I'm really excited about the freeze dried apple and pear slices I found at Costco. Sometimes I bring in trail mix or dried fruit packets.
  • my little marble magnets for the hutch over my desk--it pleases me to look up and see pretty magnets (and I use them throughout the day to hold kids' emergency cards and off- campus passes while they are waiting for their parents to arrive).
  • hair ties--in case I need to pull my hair back.
  • a notebook, to jot down ideas, especially when I'm at lunch
  • four color pen to help organize thoughts in the notebook
  • True Lime--love these little packets of crystalized lime for my water.
  • lip balm
  • lotion
Hoping to get more sewing done this afternoon when I get home, but we'll see. Tomorrow is my last day at home, so time is of the essence.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Where do you get the crystalized lime?

Gift of Green said...

I'm at work and forgot my hair tie!! GRRRR!! :)

Mary Beth said...

The True Lime (and also True Lemon) are in the baking aisle of my regular grocery store.