Thursday, August 23, 2007

Last Minute Sewing Frenzy

Today was my last day of freedom and I just had to finish the blouse I started. It's New Look pattern #6713. What do you think? I'm pretty happy with it. The cowl neckline is not what I'm used to and to be honest it looked somehow *smaller* in the pattern book. I think it looks okay, I'm getting used to it, but I can't say I love it.
I do like the tunic length. I'm really glad the longer tops are in now because I think they help hide my "mummy tummy." I can hope.
Amy Karol has a good reminder about home sewn stuff in her Bend the Rules Sewing book. There's this little "FAQ" section and she says people wonder, "but if I make something, will it look homemade?" and she basically says "yes, and that's a good thing." So I'm thinking yeah, and that really is point, and I'm mostly digging it.

I'm off to work tomorrow morning then we have a busy weekend--hopefully go for a hike Saturday morning and we're having a little garage sale on Sunday. With any luck, I'll be back here on Monday. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I like it. The fabric is great. You know however, how I feel about the new longer tops. With my height and body shape, I look like I'm making a "mommy tummy" rather than trying to disguise one. My mother should have had better fashion sense and married a much taller man.

Gift of Green said...

I love the tunic look precisely because it hides the mummy tummy and I've been snatching up this lighweight tunics at Target like they're going out of style. Someday I'll make one of my own. Someday. Like when you more next door to me so I can ask you what I've done wrong when I've created something with three armholes