Friday, July 27, 2007

Patchwork-a-Rama

Even though I love the instant gratification of a quick and easy project, I am also really enjoying working on baby Rainer's quilt. And I'm happy to update my blog readers on the fact that I'm done with the quilt top as of today! Hooray! This quilt, these fabrics, and the way they look all sewn together are making me very happy. I really like how this project is working out so far.
Serendipitously, an acquaintance stopped by today to pick up one of our (three!) copies of Harry Potter and the Deadly Hallows, and she noticed my project. It turns out she's a quilter. I'm pleased, because I don't know any quilters. She might be a great resource; or at any rate it's nice running into someone like-minded. So, up next--the actual quilting of it--I bought cotton batting at Joanne's on Tuesday, then the binding. Should be fun. I can't wait to see how it looks in its quilted state.

No comments: