Thursday, July 12, 2007

Happy Birthday Faith!

Today my beautiful baby girl turned 14! I am really really proud of Faith. She is doing so much better as a teenager than I did. She is nice, she gets good grades, is trustworthy and stays out of trouble. I am so impressed at how she steers clear of so much teenage girl "drama", seeks out the good, and is enjoying her teen years.
Tonight my parents came up and brought Jacob and a cake to celebrate Faith's birthday. Just by coincidence Faith's new laptop arrived yesterday, as sort of a bonus "birthday" present from my parents (not really a birthday present, but very nice timing). Thanks Gam and Papa!
My mother made this beautiful cake at Faith's request--white cake with frosting containing fresh crushed raspberries. Yum!
Dinner was also Faith's special request. Nigella's pasta with ham and peas (from her Feast), rainbow Jello, fresh summer fruit, and a salad. The pasta was a big hit and Faith loved her special Jello.
She loved her presents and had a great b-day. She still has more to come, though. Tomorrow night she'll celebrate with her dad and Mel, then Saturday night it's back here for her party.

Happy Birthday Faith! You're a great girl and I'm so proud of you!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Great job Mom! And Happy Happy Birthday Faith!

Carrie said...

I have a blog! Anna says you should be able to link from it if you click on Carrie. Check it out.