Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Good Mail

Lotta Jansdotter's Simple Sewing: Patterns and How-To for 24 Fresh and Easy Projects
Nice day today. Ken brought me lunch at work (which is a once- or twice-a-year special treat--when he is on break and I am not) and I came home to find a package from Amazon awaiting me! It was this fabulous book, Simple Sewing, by Lotta Jansdotter. I've been buying quite a few crafting books lately, and this one just may be my favorite so far. It has a lot of simple projects that can be stitched up in a few hours or a day--perfect for instant gratification girl. And a lot of the projects would make great gifts (tote bags, kitchen accessories like towels and potholders). I'm always on the lookout for gifts ideas (and this may just be the year I manage to sew more than one or two gifts). And there's a fabulous halter style apron that looks just so chic--and it's reversible too. Another feature I particularly like about this book is that it has tons of listings for fabric sources and craft websites--ones that are new to me and look like they're going to be great.

Now when am I going to have time to do all this sewing, you might ask? Well, that is a bit of a problem, but Spring Break is in one more day (I work tomorrow then have Friday off, plus the whole following week) and summer is around the corner. It's still a challenge to sew at all, with our space limitations and an infant and a toddler, but I'm sure I'll be able to manage some projects. I think choosing small projects is really the key.

No comments: