Thursday, March 1, 2007

He Sleeps



Isn't he sweet? And doesn't his bed look comfy? My maternity leave is dwindling to a close. I'm really focusing now on his sweet baby boyness, just soaking it in, enjoying this time together. Weekends, summers, they're nice, but not the same as these sweet days just him and me hanging around the house. Would it be nice to stay home full time? It would be nice to have the option. Goodness knows, I'm domestic--love being home, cooking, sewing, observing the holidays. But the fact is that we can't afford for one of us to stay home full time, so for me, it's better not to go down that "why" path. I have a lot to be thankful for, just the way things are.

Today my friend Dawn visited from Ventura. Picked up the baby swing and some baby clothes for her new little one who is due in July. We met up with her husband for lunch at Rainbow Bridge--it was fun. And this afternoon--big plans: the new Baskin Robbins in Mira Monte is opening, and we're pretty excited about it (or at least I am). So after I pick up Faith from school we're heading over there. I'll report back with my impressions.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

He is great! After my long week, I hope tonight I can "sleep like a baby." Work can be gratifying. But sometimes, it's just WORK. And "staying at home" is always work but the moments of gratification are deeper, more soulful I think. In any case, what a balance. I wish you very gratifying last days at home and a few very gratifying days back at work.

Gift of Green said...

Had/have the same feelings...